Monday 18 March 2024

 

From Dark to Light

There's something about the darkness
That pushes my happy down;
There's something about the lack of light
That makes my spirit frown;
 
Why can't I call forth happy dreams
When I'm in the throes of night?
When everything seems so hopeless
And my breath is locked up tight; 

There's something about the early hours
Between the dark and light
When I wake to possibilities
And readjust my sight;
 
There's something about the morning
That lifts me up again,
And promises light and laughter
If I choose to let it in;
  

There's something about the song of a bird
In that early morning light,
Or the voice of a friend who calls to say,
'You're loved; it will be alright';
 
Those voices of encouragement
Like rainbows after rain,
Have power to lighten up my dark,
and lift my happy up again.

 

and lift my happy up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment